Monday, July 3, 2017

Spearhead: Modern- West Germany, 1985, Part 3

I got back onto this blog of mine to see if I'd posted any good pictures recently, since a new coworker is interested in Wargaming, and I thought I'd link him to this to take a look. Turns out I never actually posted part 3 of our Cold-War-Gone-Hot Modern Spearhead game. It's been Quite awhile since this game happened, so the details I write below each picture might be a little bit... fuzzy compared to the previous posts, haha.


Here the... I want to say it was the Irish Guards and the 17th/21st Lancers by-passes the weakened Soviet defences of the II/290th Motor Rifles, who are still being ground down by the Highlanders.


Reinforcements at last! T-80 battle tanks arrive to aid the Soviet 
Motor Rifles battalion guarding the strategically vital airport.


More T-80 main Soviet battle tanks arrive to try to blunt the American onslaught, but
 they are sorely outmatched by M1 Abrams and their Bradley support.


A battalion of T-80s face off against the Challengers of the 17th/21st Lancers...


... and find that Soviet steel is no match for the might of the British armoured cavalry!


It didn't take long for the entire battalion to either go up in flames or run like hell.


The long line of T-80s, a full regiment of them, deploys along the ridge-line to support their beleaguered colleagues of the  I/290th, who were rapidly being overrun by the Americans.


The defending Soviets find themselves caught in a ring of steel, 
slowly but relentlessly drawing closer to the airport.


British and American mechanized infantry begin their assault on the elite soviet Paratroopers...


Who, thanks to their abysmal dice rolling, fall apart like a wet paper sack. I mean I really and truly was shocked at how quickly Soviet resistance fell apart against the NATO attack. So, the result of the battle was a resounding NATO victory. Despite a fair few casualties, their losses were almost nothing compared to those suffered by the Red Army. All in all, it was an absolutely brilliant game.

Afterwards, I took a picture of the NATO commander's battle plan, which I 
obviously was not privy to during the course of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment