Thursday, May 7, 2015

An Army is Completed!

This might be a new record for me. I painted my complete Prussian starter-army pack in like, two or three days. Now to get started on the French, to oppose them. The miniatures are all Pendraken 10mm, and they came in convenient $40 starter packs.

My Prussians make up five infantry divisions, one Cavalry division? (If they fielded complete divisions, probably not. But four bases, anyways) and three battalions of artillery (three bases) 145 infantry miniatures, 12 cavalry, 12 artillery crew and three guns.




Prussian Dragoons! With the advent of bolt action rifles, the days of the cavalry were nearly at an end. Still, in the era before the use of automobiles in warfare, cavalry was vital in it's role as Scouts, and to screen your own army's movement from the enemy scouts. In our most recent battle, they didn't exactly do a whole bunch, except when they operated closely with friendly infantry.



The flags came modeled on, which is terrible unless you can free-hand amazing looking flags, which I can't. When I order some standard bearers w/ just the flag pole, I'll pry these guys up and swap them out for something more professional looking.


I slapped some white on the flags so that at least from a distance they look reminiscent of Prussin banners.


Krupp guns! In the Franco-Prussian war, the superior French Chassepot rifle had double the range of the Prussian Needlegun, but Krupp breech loading artillery was miles ahead of French muzzle-loading cannons.







Also, my Dad visited this past week, but before he came he was kind enough to print off some Bavarian flags for my Beneath the Lily Banners army of Bavarians. I think it looks pretty damn snazzy, if I do say so myself.



The regiment in the lead there is, apparently, the Leibgarde Rgmt., or Life Guards



While the regiment with red facings is the Regiment de Mercy.


And these guys are French. Still no banners for them yet. Really could use some colored ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment