Friday, July 8, 2011

A GAME was played!

It turns out, my friend Robert plays some pretty bastardly Grey Knights. Actually, bastardly isn't the right word. Sledgehammerly? Tough as nails? He plays them well, is the point. My other Grey Knight playing friend should take lessons from him. Rare was the chance I had to drop template after template of plasma onto the heads of nicely bunched terminators. Sigh. Fun was had by all, though. Except perhaps Lucy, who dozed off after turn two, haha. Grey Knights are pretty much an awesome sledgehammer of doom, though. They also look pretty cool.

I'm glad we've started playing 40k again. We slacked off for a bit there, what with two of our group having a major falling out, and the ensuing chaos of that put a bit of a damper on things. And since our group finally has another guard player, who plays satisfyingly large hordes of foot guard, I should finally get the game I've been waiting for all these years! Guard on Guard! And That, dear readers, will be a thing of wonder. I'm getting the feeling we need to schedule our games a bit further in advance, so more people can come. Oh well. We'll figure that out once I know everyone's schedule. In the meantime, Photographic evidence that a game was played!

In the future, expect to see more pictures of us actually playing. And by all the Gods, there will be a battle report. Someday. Someday soon.

*Footnote*: I rather enjoy playing at Dragon's Lair in Austin. Having multi-level, three dimensional terrain makes it feel like a whole different game, instead of just another flat battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment